The primary purpose for this position is to create, deliver and administrate claims employee training and development programs that improve claims quality, emphasize our focus on caring for our customers, performance, and productivity and promote career development. This position reports directly to the Manager of People and Culture. The trainer will work with the training manager concerning the application of employee education and development programs to meet business needs. This position will ensure each unit and Corporate standards are met and process improvements are initiated and institutionalized. This position requires a thorough understanding of claims knowledge and claims process, as well as an understanding of Claims customer satisfaction. The trainer is also required to perform all tasks in a manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the primary responsibilities of the position.
• Create training materials, delivery methods and development programs for employees in alignment with the Claims unit and company strategy and standards.
• Present information, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, lectures and the like.
• Schedule classes based on availability of classrooms, equipment, instructors, and other resources.
• Organize and develop, or obtain, training procedure manuals and guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
• Make recommendations to management specific training programs to help employees maintain or improve job skills. • Monitor, measure, evaluate and record training activities and program effectiveness.
• Evaluate training materials such as outlines, presentations, and handouts for continuous improvement.
• Develop alternative training methods if expected improvements are not seen.
• Monitor training costs to ensure budget is not exceeded, and justify expenditures.
• Keep up with developments in area of training content and delivery methodologies to keep us current if not cutting edge in our offerings.
• Participate in curriculum design and development specific to courses you are leading. Make recommendations and participate in the redesign and maintenance of training materials as they age.
• Adhere to Federal and State laws and regulation.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• 5-10 years Auto Physical Damage claims experience
• 2+ years' experience in APD claims management as well as