At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,500 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including many training services. As the company grows we have a need to expand our current Training Capability with the imminent arrival of the Apache AH64-E helicopter. This is an exciting time to join a growing team of training experts.
We are looking to hire an Apache AH64-E Chief Simulator Instructor to work at our Middle Wallop site, leading the simulator instructor team and deliver Apache AH64-E synthetic training to BDUK military customer aircrew. This is a challenging and rewarding lead position where you will be responsible for the daily functional supervision of a growing team of Apache QHI simulator instructors along with the delivery of customer training within the new state of the art Longbow Crew Trainer (LCT)
- Lead and supervise a team of 6 AH64-E simulator instructors, increasing to13 as the Apache Long-Term Support Solution (LTTSS) matures.
- Interface with Training delivery Managers to ensure customer KPIs are met.
- Liaise with site teams to oversee availability, schedules and standardization of simulator instructors.
- Conduct instructional sorties on the AH64-E Longbow Crew Trainer (LCT) including:
- Pre sortie briefing
- Post sortie debriefing plus report writing
- Post sortie administrative actions (system fault reporting and time keeping)
- Utilizing other Part Task Trainers (PTTs) to deliver training as required
- To gain and maintain Instrument Rating Examiner (IRE) status
- Gain and maintain proficiency in the LCT and associated systems.
- Deliver classroom training
- Conduct reviews of courseware
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in instructional methods, and knowledge of aircraft systems
- Understand the basic concepts military manuals, standards, engineering data and related documentation.
- Develop solutions, in collaboration with other team members and in accordance with established procedure and policies/guidelines. Implements endorsed changes as directed.
- Pursues continuous process improvements.
- Demonstrate and champion the Boeing Values.
- Collaborate, be accountable and place the customer first
- Ideally you will have several years of flying experience as an Apache Mk1 Qualified Helicopter Instructor (CHQHI, and hold, or have recently held a minimum of a CFS (H) B1 Instructor rating.
- Recent Apache Mk1 QHI experience is highly desirable however, applications from non-Apache QHIs with recent instructional background or experience gained in a similar roles, or helicopter types will also be considered.
- General instructor experience in academic and theoretical topics is also required.
- Experience of synthetic training is beneficial.
- All AH64_E simulator conversion training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.