General Dynamics Information Technology is actively seeking Aegis Trainers in Dahlgren, VA for immediate start dates.
Seeking candidates with one or more of the following Skill Sets: SPY Baseline 7 D(V) Radar Fire Controlman, FCS ORTS Technician Baseline 5, AEGIS Computer Network Technician (all baselines), AEGIS Weapons System Technician (all baselines) with BMD a plus.
Develops; organizes; and conducts training and educational programs for Fleet sailors in support of Aegis Training and Readiness Center in Dahlgren, VA. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support maintenance training to the element level; as well as training on the operational employment of Aegis Combat System (AWS; SPY-1; WCS).
- Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require intermediate knowledge of U.S. Navy Combat Systems Capabilities and Limitations to the element level.
- Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy Combat System Engineering Capabilities and Limitations and U.S. Navy Operational and Tactical Doctrine and integrates and conceptualizes the execution of Doctrine optimizing the application of ship's Combat Systems capabilities and limitation.
- Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors' abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
- Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
- Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
- Teaches moderately complex Navy Combat Systems training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
- Periodically reviews course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience.
Three (3) years of experience with the required system or process as either a maintenance technician or operator with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in an apprentice level training environment. Of the three years, one (1) year experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
Experience as trainer/instructor in support of CSCS/ATRC/TACTRAGRU is a significant plus. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Travel may be required up to 10 % of time.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.